It is a good question, and all depends on how much you study. If you have been working in the industry as a manager, chef, or cook, it should take about one to two hours to prepare for the test. If you are doing it for the first time, it can take between 3 & 4 hours to prepare for the test as long as you study the learning materials. The bottom line is that the preparation for the test can take just a few hours, it is based on your willingness to learn.
When you take the Servsafe test with me, you pass on the first attempt. The only way you will not pass is if you do not study for the class. When you take it with someone else, it could take up to 5-6 attempts to pass since you will be with too many people at the same time. I have certified managers, students who took the exam several times before they found me online. To put it in perspective, someone ended up spending roughly $600 dollars and was on the verge of losing his job as a produce manager at the supermarket. The takeaway… Select a caring trainer so you don’t have to go through so many attempts.
The ServSafe course requires a lot of dedication not only to prepare you to pass, but to prepare you to protect your food business. The best way to best prepare for the ServSafe test is to study before attending a training session because it gives clues of what will be on the test. Another way to prepare for the ServSafe test is to review with the instructor who will also proctor the exam because he or she can cover most of what will be on the test one way or the other.
10 Tips And Tricks To Pass Servsafe Test
- Study in advance and be confident
- Avoid distractions and understand it is an investment for five years
- Do not be nervous before starting the test, you can do it and you will do it!
- Be aware that the course is designed to be repeated, don’t take previously mentioned information for granted
- During the review process, do not assume the instructor is going off-topic as everything will be related to ServSafe and management
- Make sure to follow instructions and answer each question
- Read each question carefully before make a multiple-choice selection
- Understand that some questions are designed to test your knowledge and won’t be in the study materials
- Answer all the questions that you know first, come back to those you don’t understand second
- When you take the test online, you get your results and certificate right away.
- When you do so on paper, you will wait for at least two weeks before you know your test results